Monday, June 28, 2010

Meet Charlie



This is my new (and first) dog: Charlie. Well, not my first dog, but he's actually mine as opposed to my family's. He was rescued off the streets down south and sent to a kill shelter before Golden Huggs, a fabulous non-profit golden lab rescue organization, saved him from the shelter and sent him into foster up north - where I met him and fell head over heels.

He is, without a doubt, one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. He barely makes a peep, but more and more I see him breaking out of his shell. He's actually starting to bark like a real dog, and he's playing more than when I first met him just a couple weeks ago.

He's just starting to get used to "Come!" and "Sit!" and "No!" but he's great on a leash. He's kind of like a little kid with A.D.D. so treats are an absolute MUST.

It breaks my hear to think about what he went through before now - when he eats he lies down and that's a sign of a beaten down dog. It's too sad! But he's slowly gaining more confidence, and he knows he's safe now.

And so my journey begins. I have so much to teach him, and I know he has things to teach me and I can't wait to strengthen our already developing bond.

Stay tuned.

1 comment: